cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Monitor Takes 30 Seconds to Display

mjschocken
Enthusiast
I have a 7D Mark II camera body. I noticed today it takes 30 seconds to display after I turn the camera on. I seem to remember it coming up faster. The LCD panel on the top comes up immediately. Is this 30 second lag the way it’s supposed to be. Do others experience the same thing. I thought the display came up within a few seconds. My batteries seem fine.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mjschocken
Enthusiast
I have two cards, an SD and CF card. I took the SD card out and the turned camera on. Still got the 30 second delay before LCD monitor displayed. Then took the CF card out and turned camera on. LCD monitor displayed immediately after the cleaning icon. So it looked like a bad CF card. However, I put the CF card back in and turned camera on. Monitor displayed immediately. Maybe the CF card was not fully seated. In any case, everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks much for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@mjschocken wrote:
I have a 7D Mark II camera body. I noticed today it takes 30 seconds to display after I turn the camera on. I seem to remember it coming up faster. The LCD panel on the top comes up immediately. Is this 30 second lag the way it’s supposed to be. Do others experience the same thing. I thought the display came up within a few seconds. My batteries seem fine.

Normally, you should see the LED blink for the memory card, followed the “Cleaning” message.  After that, my camera screen is blank until I press a key to cause it to display something.

Do you see the LED blink?  If not, you could have a bad card.  I would remove both, and see if the problem goes away.  Remove any lens, too.  Test just the body by itself.  If it fails, reset the camera.  If it still fails, contact Canon support.

If it powers up without a lens and memory cards, start adding them one by one, and retesting startup.  You need to isolate what is bad, camera, lens, or one of the memory cards.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mjschocken
Enthusiast
I have two cards, an SD and CF card. I took the SD card out and the turned camera on. Still got the 30 second delay before LCD monitor displayed. Then took the CF card out and turned camera on. LCD monitor displayed immediately after the cleaning icon. So it looked like a bad CF card. However, I put the CF card back in and turned camera on. Monitor displayed immediately. Maybe the CF card was not fully seated. In any case, everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks much for your suggestions.
Announcements