cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Display Problem

YKNA
Apprentice

All of the sudden my Mark2 has black / prurpolish horizontal line at the top. it is only in display, when you trasfer the pic of computer,there are no lines. 

Please help

It looks like this 

IMG_1948.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does it also show up when menus are displayed? Could be some bad rows of pixels.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes It shows when menu is displayed  !!!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Sounds like some bad pixel rows on the LCD. Since it's not affecting your photos, and it looks narrow enough that it won't affect reading the menu items you could just live with it and do nothing unless/until it gets worse.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
Sounds like some bad pixel rows on the LCD. Since it's not affecting your photos, and it looks narrow enough that it won't affect reading the menu items you could just live with it and do nothing unless/until it gets worse.

If it were me, and the camera was anything but my beach camera, I'd be inclined to send it in. If I were using it as, say, a backup camera and it chose that occasion for the whole connection between the LCD and the motherboard to give out, I'd be pretty upset.

Of course, I'm a CPS member. I believe we get a break on repairs.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

hank you so much robert !! It is quite upsetting when your camera does not function well !! I think I would get the LCD changed !!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Just put a piece of tape over it and you wont see those dead pixel rows anymore.   <runs for cover>

All kidding aside... this is an LCD issue and wont impact your images.  But I can certainly see how this would drive a person nuts (it would drive nuts to have to look at missing rows on my image reviews.)  The LCD is likely going bad and needs to be replaced.

The fact that you say it's "purpleish" suggests that you've lost a couple of rows of green pixels (since the red & blue make purple and that's the color that you see.)

Canon service can certainly swap the display.  You might want to send it in to get a price quote and decide if it's worth putting in a new LCD display vs. replacing the camera with a newer model.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you TC, 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements