cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC-e6e charger lights stopped blinking and had burning smell while charging original canon battery

turbo
Apprentice

The lights on the original charger of my 5dmk3 stopped blinking while charging the original canon battery and had burning smell. i have hardly used the charger as each charge would last me months. anyone know if this is a known issue with this charger. i never had any issues with my previous 30 d charger for 8 years. this one only lasted 2 years.

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi turbo!

We apologize that you are experiencing issues with your LC-E6E battery charger and we are here to help. After making sure people and property are safe, If you are in the United States, please call us as soon as you can at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday 10am EST to 10pm EST. If you are located outside of the United States, please reach out to Canon in your country for technical support. You can use this to Find Canon in your country

Thank you. 

Do exactly as Canon says on this one; they're being unusually cautious for a reason. If all that happened is that the charger burned out, it's no big deal. But a defective lithium-ion battery can be a fire hazard.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I agree with Bob on that. If there was a burning smell don't try plugging it in again etc. Also recommend storing the suspect battery in a non combustible container or area such as a cement floor away from things that can ignite. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements