cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L-Bracket for 90D with battery grip

Carbon14
Contributor

I'm looking for an L-Bracket that will work with my 90D when the battery grip is mounted.

By work I mean that the battery sleeve can be removed from the camera without having to remove the bracket. I have a generic long bracket but there is no opening for the battery sleeve and removing it is a pain in the ass.

Wondering (1) if there is such a beast or (2) if a bracket made for a 5D/6D/R might work? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

ProMedia Gear has one.

Screenshot 2021-05-01 124826.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Edit: Oops, I completely missed the part of the battery grip (assuming you have the BG-E14 part?).

Really Right Stuff makes a modular L-bracket specific for the EOS 90D.  Modular in that you can choose to only mount the bottom plate, or to also include the side (L-part).  However, I cannot seem to find if they have any brackets for the BG-E14.

If you find something from them, I can attest that they are extremely well-made. I use their modular L-bracket specific to my EOS 5D IV (no battery grip).    It allows for unblocked access to the battery compartment as well as to the ports on the side (USB, remote, etc.).

I don't think you can mix-and-match their products on other camera bodies/grips as each bracket they make is specific to a particular body.

Though maybe they carry a "universal" version? not sure.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks I'll take a look over there.

Where I have netted out: It does not appear ANYONE has made an L-Bracket for the 90D and battery grip. I suspect other brackets that fit other models might work but there is no retailer I can visit to test that theory.

SO -- I bought an L-Bracket from <Unknown Amazon Retailer> for $15. Apart from lacking neoprene padding, it seems more than adequate. Aluminum frame, steel 1/4 screws. I don't use the camera in that mode often so this might be just fine.

We'll see. 😉

Thanks for your help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

ProMedia Gear has one.

Screenshot 2021-05-01 124826.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, saw that.

While I prescribe to the mantra "beggars can't be choosers" I found this one looked like it was created to avoid dealing with the ports AND the swing display -- so it's snaking upper frame really draws attention to itself  😉

If all else fails, I may consider it but thank you for looking that up and for sharing.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Carbon14 wrote:

I'm looking for an L-Bracket that will work with my 90D when the battery grip is mounted.

By work I mean that the battery sleeve can be removed from the camera without having to remove the bracket. I have a generic long bracket but there is no opening for the battery sleeve and removing it is a pain in the ass.

Wondering (1) if there is such a beast or (2) if a bracket made for a 5D/6D/R might work? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

The different series of cameras all use a different L Bracket because of the slight differences in physical size dimenasions, and location of access ports and panels on the side of the camera.  These are also the exact reasons why using a "universal", one bracket fits all cameras, is highly inadvisable.  It is quite likely that once you install it on the camera, then you may not be able to access any of the ports because the bracket is in the way.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements