cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just getting into photography, is the 7D a good starter?

flarimeki38
Apprentice

I've been using a friend's Nikon d3000 for the past few days, and I want to get my own camera, I found a second-hand deal at 250 euros for the body+2 lenses ( 18-55 and 75-300 ),and I just want to know if it's worth it

Keep in mind that my maximum budget is 250 euros and I don't plan on changing the camera for some years.

14 REPLIES 14

Neither of you have had older cameras repaired have you?  Parts can come from sources other than the manufacturers.  They can be cannibalized from other dead ones. Besides who buys a camera depending on whether it can be repaired? Ah, nobody. A camera you have or can afford is better than no camera or one you can't affford.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Neither of you have had older cameras repaired have you?  Parts can come from sources other than the manufacturers.  They can be cannibalized from other dead ones. Besides who buys a camera depending on whether it can be repaired? Ah, nobody. A camera you have or can afford is better than no camera or one you can't affford.

I have been servicing electronic gear, primarily microprocessor based electronics, for over 40 years.  How about you?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@ebiggs1 wrote:Besides who buys a camera depending on whether it can be repaired? 

Anyone with an IQ over 64, Jethro. Thanks for asking. 

"Anyone with an IQ over 64, Jethro. Thanks for asking."

You are supposed to nice around here. Smiley Happy  BTW, I had my F1n serviced last year. When I bought it in 1980 I never gave a thought I would still want it serviced in 2019. But what do I know? I have only been doing photography for five+ decades. I knew that 63 IQ rating would bite me in the end.

EB

"I have been servicing electronic gear, primarily microprocessor based electronics, for over 40 years."

You conceal it well.

EB
Announcements