cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPG format is not responding

Bitacora32
Contributor

Hello people,

I'm new here and I hopa you can help me. I have a Canon 6D , I normally shoot on Raw but yesterday I did it on jpg format M quality , when I downloaded them they became about 900 kb ! None is over 1.3 MG . I have no idea what could 've happended. I reset the camera.

Thank you very much !

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Oh and don't confuse the image size in MPixels with the file size.

size.jpg

quality.jpg

Other than the wierdness that the M and S are the same pixel size your numbers are consistent with a coarse quality.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much  ! your guide is very clear, I guess I got confused with the pixels size thinking that it was the file size.

Thanks again for your time !

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think the 6D creates 8-9 MB files at that resolution and format.  You can check the file size in the camera when you review the images saved on the memory card.

Where did you save the downloaded files?  Some software and devices can automatically downscale the size of JPEG files.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I think the 6D creates 8-9 MB files at that resolution and format.

Yes ! but for some reason stop doing it. The maxime size I get is 2 MG on L quality .

You can check the file size in the camera when you review the images saved on the memory card.

I did it already and it shows the problem on the display 

Where did you save the downloaded files?  Some software and devices can automatically downscale the size of JPEG files.

On my desktop ( IMac OS High sierra ) . I've tried in different computers and nothing changes.

Thank you sooo much !! I have no idea what's going on..

If you have reset the camera, and it still reports the small file size when you playback images, then the problem is with the camera.  

I should point out that I had Apple products in mind when I said some software and devices change the file size.  What application are you using to download the files to your desktop?

I suggest that you take some more photos, but do not download them.  Check the file sizes in the camera before you download them, and check what camera shows again after you download them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

What is the actual resolution of the files in pixels? JPEGs can vary a lot depending on ISO and image content. If you are taking a picture of a blank wall, or a high-key image of some jewelry, the files might be very small.

(You can demonstrate for yourself the relationship between ISO and file size by looking at the number of JPEGS you can store on the card while changing the ISO).

Hello!

I took 3 photos ( ISO 400 ) and these are the results:

Jpg L quality 3.3 Mb - 5472x3648 px 

Jpg M quality 1.5 Mg - 3648 x 2432 px

Jpg S quality 582 Kb - 3648 x 2432 px

Any idea? Thank you so much !

L, Mand S are *sizes* not quality. Are you using coarse or fine quality?

Yes ! you're absolutely right, my mistake. I'm using fine quality.

thank you !!

Oh and don't confuse the image size in MPixels with the file size.

size.jpg

quality.jpg

Other than the wierdness that the M and S are the same pixel size your numbers are consistent with a coarse quality.

Thank you very much  ! your guide is very clear, I guess I got confused with the pixels size thinking that it was the file size.

Thanks again for your time !

Announcements