cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Worth it to Buy Canon EOS 1D Mark II for Wildlife Photography?

BitlifeAPP
Apprentice

Hey Everyone,

I am Planning a New Gear for Wildlife Photography and Short Movie Making.

And I have Canon EOS 1D Mark II and Nikon D5 in Mind I don't Know Which is one better for me.

If You have any Suggestion Then Let Me Know.

Thanks in Advance

14 REPLIES 14

@Waddizzle wrote:

I assume you mean 1Dx Mark II or a Nikon D5.You are in a Canon forum.  I think most of the replies will point to a Canon body.  

If I had to make a recommendation, I would suggest the 1D Mark II over the Nikon D5 for what you want to do.  Another option would be a 5D4 or Cinema EOS body for video, and a 7D2 or a 90D for wildlife photography.

Note to Canon: The usual contributors to this forum are not novices. If we're getting confused by your nomenclature, you may want to consider revising it for clarity.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"If I had to make a recommendation, I would suggest the 1D Mark II over the Nikon D5 for what you want to do.  Another option would be a 5D4 or Cinema EOS body for video, and a 7D2 or a 90D for wildlife photography."

Perhaps mistyping is contagious. I am sure he means 1Dx Mk II. I still have my 1D MkIIn but I would never recommend anyone buy one as an upgrade to almost any current camera.  Now, the 1D Mk II is even a lesser camera and a lesser choice. I sold mine when I got the Mk IIn.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"If I had to make a recommendation, I would suggest the 1D Mark II over the Nikon D5 for what you want to do.  Another option would be a 5D4 or Cinema EOS body for video, and a 7D2 or a 90D for wildlife photography."

Perhaps mistyping is contagious. I am sure he means 1Dx Mk II. I still have my 1D MkIIn but I would never recommend anyone buy one as an upgrade to almost any current camera.  Now, the 1D Mk II is even a lesser camera and a lesser choice. I sold mine when I got the Mk IIn.

Yeah, typing on an iPhone.  Couldn’t bo back and edit the spelling.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Shouldn't we wait for the OP to continue this discussion?

"Shouldn't we wait for the OP to continue this discussion?"

Not really all we need is a topic to discuss!  OP wants to chime in again fine if not we can charge ahead ever stalwart.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements