cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with 5D Mark 4

TylerEdmonton
Contributor

Having serious issues with noise and sharpness above ISO 320 and have since purchases. Canon techs have had it for a month and claim it's fine. Mark 2 body has no issues with the same lenses. ANY creative solutions appreciated or it mnay have to be retooled as a fishing sinker...

20 REPLIES 20

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@TylerEdmonton wrote:

Having serious issues with noise and sharpness above ISO 320 and have since purchases. Canon techs have had it for a month and claim it's fine. Mark 2 body has no issues with the same lenses. ANY creative solutions appreciated or it mnay have to be retooled as a fishing sinker...

Post a sample shot, with exposure, focusing, and lens info.  Tell us what is wrong with it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

example-1.jpg

Image shot at ISO 1250 f.4 at 1/80s using Mark 4. Notice the softness in the focus and the noise vs skin tone. I immediately changed to a Mark 2 and the results were much better

@TylerEdmonton wrote:

Image shot at ISO 1250 f.4 at 1/80s using Mark 4. Notice the softness in the focus and the noise vs skin tone. I immediately changed to a Mark 2 and the results were much better

What focal length did you use?  That is a fairly slow shutter for a portrait, IMHO.  Did you use a tripod?  Why didn’t you pos tthe “good” photo?  For now, I am going to blame the softness on camera shake.  Convince me, otherwise.

Looks like a focus problem to me, the front of the dress is much sharper than her face which is where the focus should be.

It was shot using the single AF point with expansion option over her face. Maybe the autofocus system is a little off.

I am having SAME issues and it is annoying. Any resolution yet? 

You can't be having the SAME issues because as the above posts show the problem was never resolved and the OP now seems to have gone quiet.

I would suggest you start a new thread stating exact details of your problem together with a sample picture that shows the fault and includes the full EXIF information then other forum members will be happy to help you.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I am not convinced. Tripod? Focal length? The whole image is uniformly OOF, including the piece of jewelry. It looks like camera shake from a slow shutter speed. Sorry.
Announcements