cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with 5D Mark 4

TylerEdmonton
Contributor

Having serious issues with noise and sharpness above ISO 320 and have since purchases. Canon techs have had it for a month and claim it's fine. Mark 2 body has no issues with the same lenses. ANY creative solutions appreciated or it mnay have to be retooled as a fishing sinker...

20 REPLIES 20

shot at around 60mm. Same as the ones I shot immediately after on the Mark 2 which are clean and sharp. And this is why I asked Canon to look at the cameras autofocus and its communication with the lens. A 7D I had, which used the same sort of autofocus system as the Mark 4 does, needed to be reset all the time and the firmware reinstalled.

The goal of using these forums was to see if anyone else had experienced anything and found a work around.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
If Canon said the 5D4 is good, then it is good. Look elsewhere for the cause. Try a tripod. Prove me wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If Canon think this is good I guess I'll be looking at changing to Nikon...

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Your complaint is not uncommon. So is your threat.

Very high resolution sensors are unforgiving of operator errors and even some lenses. A small camera shake on a lower res sensor does not affect as many pixels as it would with a higher res sensor.

Was your sample photo was from before Canon looked at the camera? Can you take a test shot with a tripod?

All takien before Canon looked at it. Its currently being shipped back from Canon

None of that explains the noise I'm seeing however...ISO 320 looks like the examples in reviews shot at 32000...

@TylerEdmonton wrote:

None of that explains the noise I'm seeing however...ISO 320 looks like the examples in reviews shot at 32000...

E6128617-CD8F-40CF-900F-55EE5F98EA7C.jpeg

I see.

It was a general comment not specific to that image. I figured this forum would be a waste of time...

@TylerEdmonton wrote:

It was a general comment not specific to that image. I figured this forum would be a waste of time...

Whatever you say, guy.

Let’s wait until you get your camera back.  Take some photos using a tripod.  Like I said, high resolution sensors will expose whatever flaws someone may have in their work flow or gear.  

You wanted answers, right?  The good, the bad, and the ugly truth?  I think even you should admit that your shutter is probably too slow for the focal length.  If you want specific solutions, then do not make broad, general comments.

perdewk
Apprentice
I am having same issue. Did you ever find something to correct this?
Announcements