cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an after market telescope adapter

garykahn
Apprentice

Is there an adapter for Bushnell Telescopes?  I have a Canon A1 adapter but now am looking for a digital adapter for my telescope.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

Absolutely. I'm not in the US but there are a few members who can tell you where & what to get but while you wait it might be a good idea to list EXACTLY what you have. I had a T mount to FD adapter that screwed to the lens mount area & only needed the new EOS mount part.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Attaching a camera directly to a telescope (so that the telescope becomes the lens) usually involves two parts, but I'd have to know the exact model of your scope to be more specific.

Since you say that you already have an adapter for your A1, it is likely that what you actually have are two parts that are screwed together.  These are:

1)  T-Mount for your Bushnel telescope. 

This device attaches to the telescope however Bushnel needs it to adapt to the telescope but the key is there's usually a hollow tube of some length (often around 100mm roughly) and it has threads on the back end.  Those threads are a _very_ specific size we call "T-Threads".   These would be "male" T-threads.

2)  T-Adapter (or T-Ring) for your A1 camera.  

This adapter would have "female" T-threads on one side, but would have the Canon mount (breech mount or bayonet mount) for your A1 camera.

If this is what you have (make sure the camera adapting ring can be unscrewed from the T-mount) then all you need is a T-adapter for Canon EOS (T-adapters are sometimes called T-Rings).  

Here's one:

http://agenaastro.com/baader-t-mount-canon-ef-eos-2408319.html

Here's another:

http://www.amazon.com/Orion-05224-T-ring-Canon-Camera/dp/B0000XMUKK

Note that the brand doesn't really matter.  What DOES matter is that it's (a) for Canon EOS mount and (b) it is a T-adapter or T-ring (it must have T-threads... no other size).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements