cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a work-around to enable Digital Photo Pro on the Microsoft Surface Pro ????

artB
Apprentice

Is there a way to use Digital Photo Pro on the Microsoft Surface Pro?

As I understand the problem  DPP is unable detect the screen resolution of the tablet ( the defauilt res of the tablet

is 1920 x1080) with a minimum of 1024 x768.

It would be usful if one could type in your working screen res into at startup if that's the only problem

___I've looked at other screen drivers from Intell but I realize if I could install thrm I'de lose the touch functionallity

Are there any other ideas out there???

Thanks  artB

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I was not going to respond to your question the first time I read it. But curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Why would any one want to edit photos on a MS Surface Pro or iPad for that matter?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Most useful if camping, it's a large hi res screen, weights, less than the average laptop, plus one could

immediately optimize lens optical characteristics for both Canon AND non Canon optics..

Other rhan that I don't suppose it's makes much sense.

artB

"...  I don't suppose it's makes much sense."

Hmmmm  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

With the exception of  2 of the listed lenses and the fact that my most recent body is a Marl II although I complement6 it

with two somewhat elderly eos bodies I have much of the same  equipment so it's not a case of physical equipment

it's more of tablet computer that is touted as being compatible with software  from windows Xp thru win 8.1  (in fact I

a program from the win 95 era (Paint Shop pro 7) seems quite compatible.

As far a Digital Photo Pro it is a personal favorite of mine and of course I have Photo Shop although I've never forgiven Adobe for purchasing and then scuttleing Photo Styler after shoe-horning bits and pieces into Photo Shop ll &lll back in the

early 90s

artB 

Canon DPP is Canon provided application for desktop/laptop computers and they don't have a version for any tablets as far as I'm aware (not even iOS or Android versions).

But there are other photo editing programs that would work.  I have an iPad.  While Apple has their own photo software (which isn't going to work on a Windows tablet) Adobe has an app called PS Touch.  

PS Touch isn't nearly as full featured as Photoshop.  It limits the image resolution (it resizes any images that you import to it so they don't exceed the max resolution) but it does have most of the commonly used adjustments.  So if a person were just trying to get something out, it works in a pinch.

One other catch is that PS Touch can't deal with RAW images... so it's JPEG only.  But I can import JPEGs off the card into the iPad and then edit them -- not as well as I can if they're on a regular computer, but this is what I'ved when I'm away for a weekend with my camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks for the info, but I may have found a solution , it involves replacing the video driver with an earlier version (one by the

same manufacture that run the screen of my net book.

As far as other programs, I have several that are able to handle the raw format, my interest in Digital Photo Pro is its' ability

to actually improve the performance (measurably) of lenses that are registered with the software.

Thanks again

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements