cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see what's on my CF card before formating when a SD card is also loaded in my 5dm3

mlofotomichael
Apprentice

I record raw to my CF card and Large Jpeg to the SD card.  So the SD card will stay in for a longer time while I change CF cards.   I want to see my CF card to review before formatting.  Right now, I have to eject the SD card to see what's on the CF card.  Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you press the image playback button you can review the images on either card.  

If you look at the rear display when ti's showing the shooting modes and settings, press the "Q" button and use the 8-way navigator to highlight the box showing the icon for cards 1 & 2 (#1 is the CF card slot.  #2 is the SD card slot).  

Once the box is highlighted, use either the main-dial or rear-dial to change which card the camera is using.  Press the 'Set' button to select your choice.

When you press the blue 'play' button to review your images, it will review from the selected card.

ALSO... if there is only one card inserted in the camera, the camera will switch to that card automatically.  (e.g. if you eject the SD card, then press the play (image review) button, it will force the camera to display the images on the CF card because that's the only card left in the camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you press the image playback button you can review the images on either card.  

If you look at the rear display when ti's showing the shooting modes and settings, press the "Q" button and use the 8-way navigator to highlight the box showing the icon for cards 1 & 2 (#1 is the CF card slot.  #2 is the SD card slot).  

Once the box is highlighted, use either the main-dial or rear-dial to change which card the camera is using.  Press the 'Set' button to select your choice.

When you press the blue 'play' button to review your images, it will review from the selected card.

ALSO... if there is only one card inserted in the camera, the camera will switch to that card automatically.  (e.g. if you eject the SD card, then press the play (image review) button, it will force the camera to display the images on the CF card because that's the only card left in the camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements