cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a mirrorless Canon camera with a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi?

kenka433
Apprentice

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@kenka433 wrote:

The  Canon 6D has a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi and can be opertated in mirrorless LiveView mode.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no.

There is very little real life size savings for full frame mirrorless, as full frame cameras require larger lenses. 

You pay a substantial premium for what amounts to little more than a marketing gimmick. 

And in my opinion a small mirrorless camera with a large fullframe lens is less ergonomic than a Canon dSLR with a similar lens.

Here is an image from camerasize.com showing the Canon 6D with the EF 24-105 f/4L IS next to the Sony A7R II with FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens.

6d vs A7r.jpg

Looks to me like the 6D wins if you are looking for a more compact setup. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no."

And there should NEVER be.  Who wants a full frame cell phone? Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

21 REPLIES 21

I thought that was pretty large for a jpg, too.  My raw files from the 1Ds Mk III range from 22 to 28 mb.

I am extremely curious about his camera and lens.  As I said a buddy of mine came back from a safari using one of those, exact same, combos.  The photos are really nice.  Sony has made some pretty decent strides in their lenses.  IMHO, not to the level of most Canon "L" glass but pretty darn good stuff.

I also have another friend that just retired and has decided to pick up photography as a hobby.  He bought the Olympus in spite of my protests to get a 5D Mk III.  I have been following him, too.  He got some high dollar Olympus glass with it.

I don't know who makes Olympus lenses but Sony essentially makes the camera.

I hope the OP doesn't mind but I d/l his, rather large, photo to see what it looked like in PS.  He caught focus on the sweetheart's left eye.  He must have been fairly close as DOF falls off pretty quickly.

It is a great photo and thanks for sharing it.  If you would keep me updated on how you do.  I love 'gears'.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no."

And there should NEVER be.  Who wants a full frame cell phone? Smiley Sad

EB
Announcements