cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a mirrorless Canon camera with a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi?

kenka433
Apprentice

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@kenka433 wrote:

The  Canon 6D has a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi and can be opertated in mirrorless LiveView mode.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no.

There is very little real life size savings for full frame mirrorless, as full frame cameras require larger lenses. 

You pay a substantial premium for what amounts to little more than a marketing gimmick. 

And in my opinion a small mirrorless camera with a large fullframe lens is less ergonomic than a Canon dSLR with a similar lens.

Here is an image from camerasize.com showing the Canon 6D with the EF 24-105 f/4L IS next to the Sony A7R II with FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens.

6d vs A7r.jpg

Looks to me like the 6D wins if you are looking for a more compact setup. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no."

And there should NEVER be.  Who wants a full frame cell phone? Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

21 REPLIES 21

6D with EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens:

IMG_2525.JPG 

Ok, since we are showing our gear here is a shot I just took of some of my cameras 🙂

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 7.21.47 PM.png

Rumors: Canon “pro level” mirrorless camera coming next year

[Mod note: Removed link per Forum Guidelines]
Canon-classic-camera-design-concept.jpg

• Expanding the EF-M system
  • First ConnectedCamera device
  • New technology sensor (APS-C)
  • Built in EEVF viewfinder
  • Pro level AF performance
  • Best in class video capability
  • Pro build quality with enhanced ergonomics
  • Wider support for the EF lens family
  • Potential announcement: Photokina timeframe (September 2016)

[Mod note: Removed link per Forum Guidelines]

@PellixQL wrote:

Well given that appears to be a Photoshopped Canon AE1 complete with a FD L lens the photo at least is a complete fantasy.

I suspect the enhanced ergonomics means over the existing EOS M models, so I would expect something along the lines of a slimmer SL1/100D. With the biggest change from the SL1 being the deletion of the mirror box for the reduced flange distance of the EF-M lenses, while keeping the dSLR type grip. 

I have no idea what they mean by 'wider support for the EF lens family' since the existing EOS M(s) use the EOS lens interface and offer full support of both EF and EF-S lenses. It's statements like that that brings the validity of the whole rumor into question.

The rest of the rumor is pretty much covered by a built in EVF and the long awaited use of a Dual-Pixal AF sensor in an EOS M.

@TTMartin wrote:

@PellixQL wrote:

Well given that appears to be a Photoshopped Canon AE1 complete with a FD L lens the photo at least is a complete fantasy.

Whilst the moderator, possibly not apprehending the joke, removes the links that might have thrown more light on the veracity of this yarn.

I suspect the enhanced ergonomics means over the existing EOS M models, so I would expect something along the lines of a slimmer SL1/100D. With the biggest change from the SL1 being the deletion of the mirror box for the reduced flange distance of the EF-M lenses, while keeping the dSLR type grip. 

I have no idea what they mean by 'wider support for the EF lens family' since the existing EOS M(s) use the EOS lens interface and offer full support of both EF and EF-S lenses. It's statements like that that brings the validity of the whole rumor into question.

Don't the existing M's require an adapter to accept EF and EF-S lenses? Removing that requirement (even at the cost of jettisoning the existing "M" lenses) might constitute the "wider support".

The rest of the rumor is pretty much covered by a built in EVF and the long awaited use of a Dual-Pixal AF sensor in an EOS M.

Isn't the "long awaited" item a (relatively small) battery powerful enough to drive such a beast? I've always suspected that the lack thereof was the primary reason why the M series has no eye-level EVF.

A really good APS-C mirrorless might be too expensive to threaten the Rebel line, at least for the time being. But with the possible exception of the 7D Mark II, I could see it supplanting the rest of the APS-C DSLRs within three to five years.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Is that the FE 70-200 mm F4 G OSS  on the end?  I ran into a friend that just got back from Africa and he has that lens.

Very impressive I must say.  He has a show today (Saturday) to sell some of the prints.   At least Sony got the 'color' right!

EB

Yes that is the FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS on my A7r. Here is a handheld shot taken the first day I received the lens:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5598/15360260540_65e2eb0d11_o.jpg

She is a doll. Smiley Happy Nice shot, I am sure you must be thrilled with it.

Is 20mb a typical size for the photos?  How much post did you do?  Do you ever shoot RAW?

EB

Thanks, that was a jpeg shot with no PP straight off the card.

@PellixQL wrote:

Thanks, that was a jpeg shot with no PP straight off the card.

That's pretty enormous for even a high-resolution JPEG. But who cares? If I get a picture that good, I don't look at how much space it takes.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements