cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a mirrorless Canon camera with a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi?

kenka433
Apprentice

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@kenka433 wrote:

The  Canon 6D has a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi and can be opertated in mirrorless LiveView mode.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no.

There is very little real life size savings for full frame mirrorless, as full frame cameras require larger lenses. 

You pay a substantial premium for what amounts to little more than a marketing gimmick. 

And in my opinion a small mirrorless camera with a large fullframe lens is less ergonomic than a Canon dSLR with a similar lens.

Here is an image from camerasize.com showing the Canon 6D with the EF 24-105 f/4L IS next to the Sony A7R II with FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens.

6d vs A7r.jpg

Looks to me like the 6D wins if you are looking for a more compact setup. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I am assuming you are looking for a more compact mirrorless camera - the answer is no."

And there should NEVER be.  Who wants a full frame cell phone? Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

21 REPLIES 21

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@kenka433 wrote:

The  Canon 6D has a full frame sensor, GPS, and WiFi and can be opertated in mirrorless LiveView mode.

Thanks

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Indeed, the M-1's APS-C sensor was a bit of a novelty when it first came out, since most compact mirrorless cameras had used much smaller sensors. It caused some dreamers (like me) to imagine that mirorless represented the future for the APS-C spec, as the DSLR world drifted toward full-frame. So far, it hasn't worked out that way. Conceivably, it could still happen, but not, I think, until electronic viewfinders and large sensors can be powered by batteries considerably smaller than today's.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

There is very little real life size savings for full frame mirrorless, as full frame cameras require larger lenses. 

You pay a substantial premium for what amounts to little more than a marketing gimmick. 

And in my opinion a small mirrorless camera with a large fullframe lens is less ergonomic than a Canon dSLR with a similar lens.

Here is an image from camerasize.com showing the Canon 6D with the EF 24-105 f/4L IS next to the Sony A7R II with FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens.

6d vs A7r.jpg

Looks to me like the 6D wins if you are looking for a more compact setup. 

I have the Sony A7r and it's much smaller than any full frame DSLR with the small Sony FE lenses like the 35mm F2.8 Zeiss.

BTW the FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS is a Pro Cine lens with power zoom and 95mm filter thread for use in pro video production and not for shooting stills like the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens that is much smaller with 72mm filter thread.

My A7r with 35mm F2.8 Zeiss.

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 1.28.27 PM.png

@PellixQL wrote:

I have the Sony A7r and it's much smaller than any full frame DSLR with the small Sony FE lenses like the 35mm F2.8 Zeiss.

BTW the FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS is a Pro Cine lens with power zoom and 95mm filter thread for use in pro video production and not for shooting stills like the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens that is much smaller with 72mm filter thread.

Here is the A7r and 6D both with 50mm f/1.8 lenses.

6d a7r 50mm.jpg

Canon dSLRs offer a much greater lens selection and in general lower lens prices than Sony.

Here is the A7r with 24-70mm F4 Zeiss FE OSS vs 6D with 24-70mm F4 :

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 6.14.21 PM.png

A7r with 35mm F2.8 Zeiss FE lens:

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 6.28.41 PM.png

Announcements