cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a good crop sensor camera that can do low light concert photography

Kunze4three
Apprentice

I shoot concerts for a website. I'm not a professional, don't make any money. It's just something I fell into a couple years ago. I currently use a Rebel 2Ti. I have three lenses. A Canon 24-105 mm L lens, Canon 50mm F1.8, and just got a canon 17-55 F2.8 that I have have not used yet. 

I've gone to stores like National Camera Exchange and they have told me that i'm sort of up against the limits of my camera. I can't get enough shutter speed at times so pictures are dak. I get a ton of blurry photos because the shutter is to slow. I have to time the bands movement and the stage lighting patters to get something to hit.

I've been told by the pros I have to go FF, I'm not a pro and I think I could surive with a crop. My question is what is a good crop sensor camera that would work well with my equipment I have? I was set on the 80D but I've read so many reviews that the images are not sharp and it doesn't focus well. Any suggestions on a good camera that would work well with what I'm doing? Looking to spend around a grand.

Thanks for any advice

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The 80D is a fine with good dynamic range.  Ignore the bad reviews, particularly those given by amateurs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements