Canon Community Canon Community

Reputable Contributor

Re: Is the canon 5d mark ii still good enough!!!!!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I would buy a 5D2 every time over a 6D.  And, it's not even a question over any Sony. If you just consider lenses the 5D2 is by far the better go.

Remember cameras no matter how old they are, always as good as they ever were.  The 5D2 is no slouch then or now. 10K is nothing for a 5D2.

I have both 5DMII and 6D. I would take 6D over 5DMII anytime. Better dynamic range, better high ISO noise, faster frame rate, GPS + Wifi, better low light focus & autofocus. I took a lot of dim-lit events and the 6D could focus in many instances that the 5DMII could not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
VIP

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I would buy a 5D2 every time over a 6D.  And, it's not even a question over any Sony. If you just consider lenses the 5D2 is by far the better go.

Remember cameras no matter how old they are, always as good as they ever were.  The 5D2 is no slouch then or now. 10K is nothing for a 5D2.

"I found a very cheap (in my opinion) 5d2 for 350$ CAD with only 10k shutter count."

Only 10k on the shutter???  I think that price is too cheap, too.  Should that be 100K?  No matter the shutter count, which I have to question for all of the bodies, that price is way too low for a working 5D2.  Great price for a parts camera, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Forum Elite

"Better dynamic range, better high ISO noise, faster frame rate, GPS + Wifi, better low light focus & autofocus."

You can get a Rebel that does that too. If you like less pro built cameras, a plastic Rebel would do that for you too.  It doesn't for me. Any 5 series every time over any 6 series. If you are good with your 6D, I am all in for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!