cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to buy a used 7d with error 40

NikhilJoseph
Apprentice
I was planning to buy a new camera & i got a offer from a guy and it was cheap. But the camera is having error 40 issue with it. Is it safe to buy that camera? What is the main reason for it? Can we manually fix it or should we take it authorised service centre. How much will it cost? Is it worth to buy a camera having error 40
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@NikhilJoseph wrote:
I was planning to buy a new camera & i got a offer from a guy and it was cheap. But the camera is having error 40 issue with it. Is it safe to buy that camera? What is the main reason for it? Can we manually fix it or should we take it authorised service centre. How much will it cost? Is it worth to buy a camera having error 40

No.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

diverhank
Authority

@NikhilJoseph wrote:

Unless you know how to fix it...NO.  You can buy a great working condition 7D for somewhere between $300 and $400.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

As Robert said, no it is not OK.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

7 REPLIES 7

lly3988
Rising Star

error 40 : A malfunction with the power source has been detected.

It may be a problem with the battery contacts, circuit board or others. It costs a few hundred to repair. If it is the original 7D, I would not buy at all if it has an error displayed. There are a lot out there at $400 to 500 or less without defects.

http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/education/infobank/camera_settings/eos_error_codes_and_messages....

@NikhilJoseph wrote:

No.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

diverhank
Authority

@NikhilJoseph wrote:

Unless you know how to fix it...NO.  You can buy a great working condition 7D for somewhere between $300 and $400.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

As Robert said, no it is not OK.

EB

NikhilJoseph
Apprentice
This was on sale for 259$

It's your money!

EB

@NikhilJoseph wrote:
This was on sale for 259$

It will cost you twice that to get it repaired.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements