cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom Lens compatible with a Canon 1DX?

scottsullivan
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

NO, it's designed for crop bodies. You'll get images that look like you shot them through a pipe.

see

https://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Lenses/Using-a-lens-designed-for-crop-bodies-on-full-frame-SAMPLES/t...

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Because I am upgrading from a 7D and wondering if I can use the Sigma 10-20 mm f/3.5 on my new camera body, which is, yes, a scary big investment for me. I have a 24-70 L f/2.8 IS 1 lens, which on the full-frame will give me wider angle than on the crop-body, but I can't afford a 16-35 L lens or fish-eye. Thank you all for your ongoing help!

Depending on how seriously you expect the extra wide lenses to perform you may want to consider a Sigma 12-24 as the solution. I have the original version & have read that the newer version is noticably better. (I'm quite happy with what I have).

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I may be thinking of the wrong lens because the only Sigma 10-20mm I have had any experience with is a f4-5.6. Not a f3.5 version. So you have a lens I don't know anything about.

But the f4-5.6 is not a great lens and certainly not going to give the results a 1D X is capable of delivering.

But to each his own. Good luck with it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements