cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Sharpness Issue withCanon 5d Mark iv

KBoyerPhotos
Contributor

I have a 5d Mark iv and am having lots of trouble with sharpness consistency on every image.  I am shooting back to back images with exactly the same settings and some of them are tack sharp and others are totally blurry and I have not changed any settings.  Can someone please help.  I have tried everythiing to "fix" this and am out of ideas. I just want nearly ALL my images to be sharp!  Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 1.39.57 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 1.40.07 PM.jpg

29 REPLIES 29

Ray-uk
Whiz

Try setting the " release priority" to  "focus", there are two places to do this in the AF tab, one for AI Servo focus and another for One Shot focus.

Thanks Ray-Uk!  I actually have both first and 2nd image priority set to Focus ... I use AiServo and both are set to focus priority.  Is there another place I should have it set as well?  I never use one shot because I photograph people that always move! 🙂 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What would be ultimately helpful.

Providing us with individual photos that includes EXIF data.  Just knowing shutter, aperture and focal length might not be enough.  

and

What metering mode are you using for AF?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I will go get that right now!  THnak you for the feedback. 

Here is one of the shots with EXIF info...Does this work?  Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 3.08.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-02-20 at 3.08.34 PM.jpg

It doesn't give us what we would need.

Instead of a screenshot can you export a JPEG and post that?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I will export now and post.  I have LOADS of examples from this one shoot alone. 

If you are willing can you also put a good and bad RAW file on Dropbox or OneDrive with a link so we can see where focus points were?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes!  Totally willing and SO very very appreciative of your help!!!  I have been dealing with this for a year and can NOT seem to figure it out.  I will upload to dropbox and come back here with the link.  These are all SOOC and will upload the RAW to dropbox.  Thank you!!!   HUGE HUGE thank yoU!! 

Announcements