cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import 1D X files to iPad

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Trying to import files from my Canon 1D X to my iPad using the USB3 Camera Connector. Works fine with my Canon T5i and a T6s. All I get when I connect my 1D X is grey squares; no images. Camera disk light flashes and if I select Delete Photos the files on the camera are erased.
Does anyone have luck importing 1DX files to iPad?
It worked last September before this round of updates.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
23 REPLIES 23

What is that instrument being held by the girl standing to the left of the baritone sax?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Euphonium

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

If you have ever done this you know it is a fast moving job.  I had about two hours to shoot 250 pictures.  Using the back of the camera just adds to the difficulty. Even with the smaller groups it is so much easier if I could use the ipad.  Currently I lug the 17" laptop and cables around.

_DX_0511-Edit.jpg

EB

For that purpose I don't think the iPad/Apple dongle approach would do what you want. Its not really meant for tethering.

Tim's suggestion for CamRanger sould like it would work for you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Just received camera back from Jamesburg facility. The USB module was defective. Transfer works properly now. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Good.  Just to be clear to me, you are simply putting photos on your ipad?  You do not use the ipad 'while' you are shooting?

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
1D X is USB2. Same connector as the Rebels. It used to work. Very confusing. Off to Canon tomorrow.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
1D X is USB2. Same connector as the Rebels. It used to work. Very confusing. Off to Canon tomorrow.

Oh, OK. Your original post said USB 3.

Bob

The Apple device is called a USB3 Camera Connection. It can upload at USB3 speeds to certain iPads. It has a USB A female connection; it will accept USB2 or USB3 cables. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

The Apple device is called a USB3 Camera Connection. It can upload at USB3 speeds to certain iPads. It has a USB A female connection; it will accept USB2 or USB3 cables. 

So in effect it's a USB hub? If so, I don't believe you're the first person in the forum to report a problem communicating with a camera via a USB hub.

Bob
Announcements