cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagebrowser EX has stopped working

pauldymond
Apprentice

I just bought a new Canon 6D and loaded up all the Canon software. Everything works except for Imagebrowser EX. When I double click it I just get a message that it has stopped working. When I first boot my computer up I also get a message saying MF Manager has stopped working. I don't know what that is but it has the same mark next to it as other Canon software so I assume it's a Canon thing?

Has anybody got any ideas how to fix this? I've uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times but no luck.

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You have done the things I would have suggested so I have nothing further. You are in a list that seems to be growing of people that have problems with Canon software.

Is it a Windows or Mac machine? If it is a Mac it is probaby your OS. If Windows there is something set wrong or conflicting.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It's running on WIndows 7. I uninstalled all my Canon Software and totally re-installed. It failed in the initial install process and gave me a message that I would have to start again. Just for a go I decided to double click on the Imagebrowser EX shortcut to see what would happen. Lo and behold it fired up, then sent me a message that there is a new updated version and asked me to plug my camera in via USB and download the update. So I did and it seems to be working.

Remember, computers are our friends!?  Smiley LOL

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jimirod
Apprentice
It looks like you deleted Java
Announcements