cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image screen black during operation on eos7D

Amadden
Contributor

Followed tips by pressing INFO once- still black, pressed INFO 3 times- still black. tried pressing Q- still black. tried changing batteries 3 times, all good but screen still black. yes, image view was lit &well displayed at all times.

what else should I try?

alan

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to reset to factory settings. Menus, tools, clear all settings and clear all custom settings.  You set something wrong and don't know what so reset it and start all over.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
If the top panel LCD display functions, then that means the camera is powering up as it should. This means that the micro switches on the battery and card compartment doors are fine. Don’t start messing with them.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle:

o.k. Will not touch microswitches. Afterward, phoned canon support in Brampton ont, because it posted me right after u did.  however, that office has no actual technician, just liaison. Will now contact canon in USA for actual tech support.

Noted this am, upon trying to take photo with the black image screen, and the iso at 400 with Aperature at 5.6 , that the shot took about 1full sec to click. (Much slower than normal).  in addition, I note that I cannot change the iso, tho the Aperature can be changed.  These settings I just referred to are those on the lcd panel on top of the camera.

As I mentioned earlier many canons acquire a blackened image screen problem, so it's important to find the solution (s).

thanks, Alan

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Taking 1 second to take a shot at ISO 400 sounds like it could be normal to me, if you are shooting in low light using Av mode. I think your display has probably kicked the bucket.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements