Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Image Quality Issue/Canon 80D

I have a Canon 80D and I’ve never had an issue with the clarity of my pictures when I download them to my phone off of the canon camer connect app until recently. I think it has something to do with the fact that my pictures have been saved in “R + J” which I figure is RAW and JPEG. I don’t know what it is because the quality is impeccable on my camera and **bleep**ty on my phone.  I don’t know if I need to put them on a computer first or what. Please lmk what I’m doing wrong.

Honored Contributor

Re: Image Quality Issue/Canon 80D

It is my understanding that the App will transfer full size JPEGs but not full size RAW files - it converts the RAW to small JPEGs.

If the goal is shooting images for online sharing like Instagram or Facebook shoot JPEG.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Okay, So how should I fix the pictures I’ve already taken?
Honored Contributor

I don’t use the app, but I am assuming the images look poor because they are just too small. If that’s the case there isn’t much you can do about that. 

But, since you shot RAW +JPEG you can process the RAW images and export a decent size JPEG. 

If you don’t normally work with RAW files, and thus don’t have a RAW processing software, you could downyand use the free Canon Digital Photo Professional software. 

If I am misunderstanding your situation please post an image so we can look at it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic