Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: I wanted to buy a new Canon EOS 7D mark ii, but my computer's OS is Windows Vista x64.

What a horror story. After reading these posts, and really thinking it over, I decided to purchase a new laptop. I am buying 8.1 but will load Win 7 over it. Thank you all so much for taking the time to advise me of the post.

I will get my laptop settled and then buy that 7D. I went to Samy's Cameras  today to hold it. As I left the building I told the salespeople to take care of my camera.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: I wanted to buy a new Canon EOS 7D mark ii, but my computer's OS is Windows Vista x64.

Some people demand the portability of a laptop over a desktop. I understand. However, there are some of us for whom a desktop computer is the only practical solution. I have plugged in three printers, two scanners, three external storage devices, a keyboard and a mouse, sound, plus whatever temporary things I plug in like four Canon cameras.

Within the past week, the only new thing that I have had Zero problems with was the Canon camera with its software.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

yeah, desk top with big screen display allows me pixel peep better. hehe