cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wander Canon D5 mark iii and Nikon D800E

gudkid
Contributor

I have been with Canon products for some 30 years on SLR & DSLR camera and video...And now look toward Nikon DSLR camera ....Like Nikon D800E Full frame DSLR...Please give me an opinion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I could have bought a D800 when it first came out so I did a lot of reasearch on Nikon lenses & unfortunately there aren't any whether from Nikon or Tamron / Sigma that could meet my needs. As much as I'd like more pixels so I can crop deeper I still have to get the shot first. We all have different needs & although I don't care what brand of body people shoot with a camera body is useless without lenses to fit the users specific needs.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Skirball
Authority

Unless I'm making prints for billboards or ultra-high res prints, I just don't need that many pixels.  In fact, I don't want that many pixels.  I care more about high ISO performance than resolving power.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Not even an option in my book. Canon 5D Mk III all the way.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

hsbn
Whiz

Just don't get caught in the internet hype.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I could have bought a D800 when it first came out so I did a lot of reasearch on Nikon lenses & unfortunately there aren't any whether from Nikon or Tamron / Sigma that could meet my needs. As much as I'd like more pixels so I can crop deeper I still have to get the shot first. We all have different needs & although I don't care what brand of body people shoot with a camera body is useless without lenses to fit the users specific needs.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you all for your idea and suggestions....I sticked with my Canon. 

@hsbn wrote:

Just don't get caught in the internet hype.

This cracks me up everytime I see it.  Think I'll use it for my signature.

Thanks you much.

cappy5481
Apprentice

You could wander to Nikon from Canon, but I think the difference in final image quality is not worth the hassle of selling all of your Canon lenses and buying new Nikon glass.

I wonder what you'll do...

I sticked with it...Thanks you much.

Announcements