cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really cant understand that why the serial number on the camera body and the box is differ?

Fahad
Apprentice

I really cant understand that why the serial number on the camera body and the box is differ however the exif information generated from the Canon Digital Photo Professional showing the same serial number as mentioned on the box

IMG-20170110-WA0029.jpgIMG-20170110-WA0029.jpg20170110_221859 copy.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Fahad!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

If you purchased your camera from an authorized Canon dealer, they may be able to assist you with this. If not, we suggest reaching out to Canon in your region at http://Canon.us/mxbx

We hope this helps point you in the right direction!

View solution in original post

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is this what we call a gray market camera in the US?  It's also possible that someone repaired the camera with a main board pulled from a different camera.  My guesses!  I believe it is a refurb or a return.  Possibly it was slated to a different market and than flashed for where you bought it.  Call Canon 'Canada'(?) and ask them if it is legit.  Which is meaningless if you never need warranty work from them.

I generally advise folks not to buy gray market gear.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Fahad!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

If you purchased your camera from an authorized Canon dealer, they may be able to assist you with this. If not, we suggest reaching out to Canon in your region at http://Canon.us/mxbx

We hope this helps point you in the right direction!

Thanks

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is this what we call a gray market camera in the US?  It's also possible that someone repaired the camera with a main board pulled from a different camera.  My guesses!  I believe it is a refurb or a return.  Possibly it was slated to a different market and than flashed for where you bought it.  Call Canon 'Canada'(?) and ask them if it is legit.  Which is meaningless if you never need warranty work from them.

I generally advise folks not to buy gray market gear.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements