cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need take take pictures with a 60D using may notebook as the monitor. How can I do that?

alvaro
Apprentice

I need take take pictures with a 60D using may notebook as the monitor. How can I do that?

5 REPLIES 5

@alvaro wrote:

With the EOS Utility and a USB cable. You can download both the program and the manual from the Canon Web site. If you bought the camera new, you should have gotten a CD with the program and manual on it, but downloading ensures that you get the latest version.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob, thanks a lot for your help. I should go by downloading process

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Although Bob suggested a workable solution that is free, a real photo program like Adobe Lightroom makes that task a whole lot better.  There are others, too.

With powered USB cables you can shoot 75 feet, or more, from the laptop if needed.  Can be a great help, believe me.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, ebiggs1. I appreciated your help

PhotosbyMJ
Contributor

I use my Galaxy Note 2 as a monitor when shooting with my 60D. The phone has a program I uploaded called DSLR Controller. This program allows me to use my phone not only as a monitor, but a remote control as well. I do some real estate photography where I elevate my camera on a 20 foot pole and can see and fire the camera using my Note 2.

I also have the software that came with the camera to use a laptop for the same functions, but I find the Note 2 is not as bulky when taking a shot and moving to another location and shooting again.

So LOTS of options are available!

Canon EOS 60D, 1100D
Canon EF 28mm f2.8, Sigma 30 f1.8 ART DC, Canon 'Nifty' 50 f1.8, Canon EF 85 f1.8 USM
Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 EX DC OS USM, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC OS USM
Yongnuo YN 568EX II flashes with 622C Tranceivers
Announcements