cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a download for OS 10.10 for my EOS cameras

BWZander
Contributor

I uploaded Yosemite OS 10.10 and can't download pix from my 60D or Rebel.  I downloaded the Apple update, but still get the message ALERT Cannot be used with this version of the operating system.  Is there a fix?  It also doesn't not recognize either of my card readers.

9 REPLIES 9

KingEyre
Enthusiast

Again, can I refer you to my answer on another post here?

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/when-will-the-EOS-Utility-be-compatible-and-function-with-the/m-p...

Let me know if this helps,

George.

BWZander
Contributor

First, thanks for the guidance, but there's a glitch somewhere.  I did as you suggested.  It shows the camera connected, but I still get the same message.

Hmm, are you able to download images with a card reader?

What are you trying to do connecting the camera to a computer?...live view, or what?

If you've installed all the latest Canon software from their website (bearing in mind that it will need to be the software for Mavericks) then I'm afraid I can't think of another solution, sorry...it's difficult without having it in front of me!!

It might be worth another download and reinstall.......perhaps try the software for the 70D..it can't do any harm!!

George.

Edit... I just re read your post where you say it doesn't recognise your card reader.....I'd try a reinstall with the 70D software.

For some mystical reason, it now sees the card reader, and I was able to upload photos from the camera card into the computer.   Still no luck with the USB connection.  It gives me the same ALERT message.  I'm waiting for a reply from Canon.  If that doesn't work, I'll try Apple Care, but they often can't work on non-Apple products.

Thanks again, Barry

I'm afraid Apple won't be any help, Barry, although I hope I'm wrong!!

Did you try reinstalling the software with the 70D?

If you can get the images on to the computer at least that's a step forward.

`let me know how you get on!!

Regards,

George.

Still working on it without success.  I tried downloading through 70D, but got the same unavailable message.  I sent another inquiry to Canon.  As I said earlier, at least I can finally download with the card reader.  Again, thanks.  Barry

I got the solutiion from Canon Customer Serivce, temporary until the 10.10 download is released.  It works:

"You can download the latest software updates at this address:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_cameras/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_...

Please select "OS X Mavericks v10.9" using the drop-down menu on the page.  You have to pick the previous version of Mac OS, because the options for OS X 10.10 Yosemite have not yet been populated.  I sincerely apologize for any confusion this may cause.  After selecting OS X 10.9, please click on the red triangle next to the word "Software" to see the software updates available for your computer.  I would recommend updating all of your software including EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional."

I never did find the drop-down menu, but I went into the site map and found what I needed.

Barry

Great, Barry, wasn't what I suggested in my post?..interested what was didderedt?

George

qazpl999
Apprentice
Put the card in a powershot or other old camera it worked nothing else did for me
Announcements