cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost the LCD on my 5d Mark Ii. No menu, info, photos... nothing is displayed. Any suggestions?

JRobn
Apprentice
5D Mark II
5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
Look up how to turn LCD off and on for your camera. See if perhaps it is simply turned off before going further.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Tried that, but none of the buttons on the left side of the camera functuon.

There is a "Disp" button.  Did you press it?Smiley Frustrated

No, OK, now reset the camera by removing all batteries.  There are two not just the one big main battery.  You need to leave it over night to completely be sure it is completely drained of all memory.  You need to reset the date/time when you install "new" fully charged batteries.  <------very important do not skip this Smiley Surprised

If nothing still does not work, send the camera to Canon service for repair. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It looks like this is a repair issue. I cannot turn the LCD off and on because the button doesn't work. The main battery is now running down after taking only 10 pictures.

Do you have access to another (properly functioning) main battery? If it can't hold more than that tiny bit of a charge, maybe it simply doesn't have enough juice to run the LCD screen.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements