cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have purchased a eos 6d. When I use it with the iPhone app the connection dies after about five m

Solidus14
Apprentice
I have a 6d and when I use it with the iPhone app the camera turns off after about five minutes and the connection is lost. So when I am photographing wild life I keep having to break cover to reactivate the connection. Is this correct or is there a way to keep the connection alive.
1 REPLY 1

amfoto1
Authority

You just need to go into the menu and set the camera's sleep mode to "off" or "never". It sounds as if it's currently set to 5 minutes.

Letting the camera sit active continuously, i.e. preventing it from going into sleep mode, will drain the battery(ies) a lot faster. I don't have a 6D, nor do I leave them on full time (in fact I set sleep mode to a very short duration, since tapping any button on the camera quickly re-awakens it).... so I really don't know how quickly a battery will drain. But you might be prepared with spares. If battery life is too short for you purposes, you could add a battery grip which will double the battery capacity.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements