cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon EOS 500D Camera the LCD has started to get black lines across it. Any ideas why?

dainley
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skirball
Authority

Are they horizontal lines? And they don’t show up in the photos (once you export to a computer)?  It’s completely a guess, but I’d assume that the electrical contacts for those lines have become detached/corroded/broke.  So long as it doesn’t affect your final photo I’d say just live with it.  Fixing a camera that old isn’t worth it, so live with it or upgrade are your options. 

If they do show up in the final photos then I’d guess that your sensor is damaged.  There are no settings that would do that, so something is damaged.  Again, with a camera that old it wouldn’t be financially sound to repair it, whatever it is.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

Are they horizontal lines? And they don’t show up in the photos (once you export to a computer)?  It’s completely a guess, but I’d assume that the electrical contacts for those lines have become detached/corroded/broke.  So long as it doesn’t affect your final photo I’d say just live with it.  Fixing a camera that old isn’t worth it, so live with it or upgrade are your options. 

If they do show up in the final photos then I’d guess that your sensor is damaged.  There are no settings that would do that, so something is damaged.  Again, with a camera that old it wouldn’t be financially sound to repair it, whatever it is.

Hello Skirball

Thankyou for the information, the lines do not show up on the photos so I will take your advise and keep using it.

Regards

Dave

Announcements