cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 6D. When I turn on my camera, the shutter speed display reads 00.

jennifergreen
Apprentice

My shutter speed display on my EOS 6D reads "00". I have tried turning the camera on and off, charging the batteries and removing and replacing the memory card.  Any suggestions for what might be the problem?

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority

Are you talking about the display in the eyepiece, or on the LCD screen?  Also, does it do this in all the shooting modes on the dial?  Will it take a picture?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

thanks for your response. It takes photos, yes, but both the lcd panel and the eypiece show 00. This happens in all modes.

That sounds bad.  It could still just be some weird setting.  I have had odd things happen on a camera due to an accidental setting, and so I always try "Clear All Camera Settings" first.  In MENU, tab over to the 4th (the last) yellow wrench tabs, and it is about 2/3 of the way down the list.

Perhaps one of the moderators will chime in at some point with something that can help.

Failing that, at some point you might need to send the camera in to Canon for repair.  The mods always post the following link when something seems to be actually broken:

******* To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website. *******

Good luck.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

thanks

Does this happen on all of your lens?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements