Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

I have Spots on some of my Pictures, not sure what this is, maybe the weather of some Mist.

Their were a lot of Fog, not on all my Pictures, just some. Please help me understand what is going on. Thank you all.

1/400

F/18

75 MM

ISO 1600

T3

IMG_3939.JPG

1/400

F/11

18 MM

ISO 1600

T3

IMG_3747.JPG

1/1250

F/11

35 MM

ISO 1600

T3

IMG_3750.JPG

Pris796

VIP

Re: I have Spots on some of my Pictures, not sure what this is, maybe the weather of some Mist.

[ Edited ]

It looks like you have a spot of dust, or dirt, on your image sensor.  DO NOT try to wipe it off. 

sensei_bl_011_bulb_air_blower_cleaning_system_1363210249000_838818.jpg

Use a blower to blow out the mirror box, while you hold the camera so that the dust and dirt falls out and away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

Re: I have Spots on some of my Pictures, not sure what this is, maybe the weather of some Mist.

You have taken some nice shots.  Remember, though.  Wide angle lenses capture context.    You have a digital camera, take lots of photos at varying focal lengths.

The dust spot can be removed with post-processing software, BTW.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequent Contributor

Waddizzle,

Thank you I will do this.

Pris796

Frequent Contributor

Waddizzle,

Thank you again, I will clean them up with post processing software, I just wanted to know what was going on.

Pris796

Frequent Contributor

Waddizzle,

What about this picture, do you think this is the same problem.

1/400

F/13

46 MM

ISO 1600

T3

IMG_3741.JPG

pris796

VIP

@pris796 wrote:

Waddizzle,

Thank you again, I will clean them up with post processing software, I just wanted to know what was going on.

Pris796

Word to the wise.  The photo of Big Ben is clean, and appears to be shot with a telephto zoom.  It appears that you changed lenses.  You took additional photos, but dirt has apparently appeared on your image sensor.

Under what circumstances and conditions did you change lenses?  The obvious assumption is that the lens change somehow introduced dirt into the camera body.  Try to remember exactly what you did when you changed the lenses.  Changing lenses outdoors on a windy day is begging for trouble.  My most common mistake is sitting in an air-conditioned car with the AC blowing on me, and changing lenses.

Be mindful.  Changing lenses in the field is a good way to dirty your camera.  This is one of the main reasons, besides speed and convenience, that pros carry mulltiple cameras.  They know changing lenses can dirty their cameras.

VIP

@pris796 wrote:

Waddizzle,

What about this picture, do you think this is the same problem.

1/400

F/13

46 MM

ISO 1600

T3

IMG_3741.JPG

pris796

Yes, those look like the same dirt spots, in the exact same positions.

VIP

BTW, a second look at Big Ben shows a dirt spot that appears in ALL of your posted photos.

original_0010.boxed.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Waddizzle,

Big Ben was taking on 12/18/16 at 10:57 AM London time and the othe two was take on 12/17/16 at 7:18 AM and 7:20 AM. I am not sure when I changed the Lens but I know I did at some point in my big purse I was carring, I tried to be careful.

Pris796