cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my EOS Rebel T-3 as a gift. As a novice I need to understand the camera and all it can do.

RichardSteele
Apprentice

I got my EOS Rebel T-3 as a gift.  As a novice I need to understand the camera and all it can do.  The instruction manual is not helpful.  It is written to be basic but it assumes you know more than you do.  I loaded the CD-ROM but could not find the manual.  As my children tell me they were born on the technical logical island and I am an immigrant.  Thanks for getting me started.

2 REPLIES 2

ScottyP
Authority

Richard,

The manual tells you where the buttons are, but does not go into great detail on what the buttons do.  I would strongly suggest buying a training DVD for your exact camera.  When it comes to cameras, it is much easier (for me, anyway,) to see someone doing something than to just read how to do it.  Google for it.

You can also see lots of free 3 to 5 minute videos on Google Videos that will help you.  Again, you can do it by your exact camera make and model.

Good luck!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What are you after? A photography course? If you want that, you need to get a book about photography and apply it to your new camera.

On the T3i all you need to know is the green square on the dial. But the T3i can be a very involved camera. And it will do whatever you want it to.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements