cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot view RAW images in digital photo professional.

peppy33
Contributor

All I can see after loading them is the number and a cross on the image. This is 7D mark11 software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Which OS?

If you click on file in the folder on computer what happens?

And is it a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

And you still haven't told us whether you're using DPP 3 or DPP 4. If you don't know the answer or don't understand the question, you have some reading to do.

How old is the card reader, and what cameras did you use it with before you got the 7D2? The 7D2 produces large RAW files; it's conceivable that the card reader can't handle them and is losing part of the image. The "cross" figure (I assume you mean a gray field with two intersecting lines reaching the corners of the frame) means that DPP considers the image file to be garbled or incomplete. One way to test this is to use the EOS Utility (again there are two versions) to download the image files directly, bypassing the card reader. In some OSes that process can be tricky to set up, but it might let you rule out the card reader as the source of the problem.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Peter
Authority
Authority

What camera do you own and what version of DPP?

I own 7D mark 11 DPP came with the camera

Strange. Did it ever work? Download the latest software from here and see if that helps.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-7d-mark-ii

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No has never worked this is the first time I have tried to transfer to DPP just bought the camera with the software

OK. So you downloaded files from camera card into a folder on your computer and then opened the folder in DPP and you get the "X" images?

DPP3 or DPP4?

DO you have another photo software that you could use to try to open the files; like Lightroom or Photoshop?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

download from card reader to file then to DPP

Which OS?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Which OS?

And is it a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

And you still haven't told us whether you're using DPP 3 or DPP 4. If you don't know the answer or don't understand the question, you have some reading to do.

How old is the card reader, and what cameras did you use it with before you got the 7D2? The 7D2 produces large RAW files; it's conceivable that the card reader can't handle them and is losing part of the image. The "cross" figure (I assume you mean a gray field with two intersecting lines reaching the corners of the frame) means that DPP considers the image file to be garbled or incomplete. One way to test this is to use the EOS Utility (again there are two versions) to download the image files directly, bypassing the card reader. In some OSes that process can be tricky to set up, but it might let you rule out the card reader as the source of the problem.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I appreciate all your advice. You obvously know more about computers etc than I do. However I have an escuse I am 73. Nevertheless I seem to get round a problem given time. Once again thanyou for the help given me.

Dave Ward UK

Announcements