cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access Menu and other options on Canon 6D

seyekuyinu
Apprentice

I noticed today that I couldn't preview photos that I took on my camera by pressing the preview button. It acted like it would show me a preview and just jumped to showing me a blank screen. 

I also noticed that when I can't access the menu options. Neither Menu nor Info buttons worked. When I turn off the camera and turn it on I see this 20180630_224630.jpg

I have tried all the types of reset. I removed the battery, removed the memory card, removed the lens etc. Still nothing has happened. 

I hope someone can direct me into what I can do. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Two things.

1. Sit it on a warm heating pad, not hot, just warm for several days.  Open all doors and leave the lens off.

2. Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

In the future never turn on an electrical device if it gets wet until it drys thoroughly.  You can short our the MB.  Big problem. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Contact Canon Support.. You seem to have a board failure.

You could have a chunk of foreign debris jamming one of your keys.  There is also a “lock” feature on certain keys, which can disable them when you are shooting, but this is unlikely to be your issue.

Make sure that you are using genuine name brand SD memory cards.  Only use full size cards, never the microSD cards with a plastic adapter.  Be sure to always low level format your SD card in the camera prior to first use, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I removed the battery, removed the memory card, removed the lens etc. Still nothing has happened."

That's because none of that really effects a 6D.  Did you drop it or get it a little wet. 6D's are not weather sealed so water is an enemy.  It looks like it is a little wet!

EB

You are right, it rained a bit while I was shooting. But I didn't think it would affect it at all. Is there anything I can do now(considering this may be the issue). 

Two things.

1. Sit it on a warm heating pad, not hot, just warm for several days.  Open all doors and leave the lens off.

2. Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

In the future never turn on an electrical device if it gets wet until it drys thoroughly.  You can short our the MB.  Big problem. Smiley Sad

EB

Thanks. My camera worked after days tucked in a bowl full of raw rice.

Fantastic!  Smiley Very Happy

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements