cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am wanting to upgrade from my canon 50d. I am looking at the new 6d and 70d. any suggestions?

kmcmahan
Contributor

I shoot a lot of sports and in low lighting or where flash is not premitted. I also am not sure about a full fram lens. Any suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for your reply....I am sure the 6d is not going to fit my need. Which camera will be more comparable to what I am use to..possibly the new 70d

Yes, or a 7D.  The 7D is in a higher “class” than the 70D, but the 7D is a bit old, and the 70D is brand new, so the prices are in the same range.  I’m not a test chart guy, so maybe someone can weigh in, but from what I saw the image quality of the two are fairly close.  The 7D comes in a more robust case with a longer shutter life, but the 70D matches or surpasses on just about everything else.  The 70D also has a lot more ‘features’, some useful, some not so much.  But you can get a 7D used for pretty cheap, and it’s a tried and true camera.

Unless your budget absolutely won't allow it, take a close look at the 5D3 - perfect for action sports. Because of the greatly improved processor, even the kit 24-105L f/4 will produce great IQ at ISO's up to 12800 or above. Thus indoor lighting and faster shutter speeds become less of a factor.

I went from a 50D to the 5D2, then to the 5D3 and have never looked back.

Good luck!

Zen

You have a Canon 50D and a Tamrom lens? Which Tamron do you have?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements