Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

I am unable to register the EOS 5DS online. Is there a trick?

I am prompted, when trying to register a new EOS 5DS, to enter a prodoct model and number. I have tried just the model (EOS 5DS) and that plus the body serial number. I get nowhere. I also cannot figure out how to contact Canon to discuss or chat about the problem. I have an account and can see my other products, but I cannot add another. What am I doing wrong? Seems like a very bad web interface for such a high-tech company, or I'm falling short. thanks

Re: I am unable to register the EOS 5DS online. Is there a trick?

Hi Ibryant,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and Congratulations on your new EOS 5DS!  We recommend trying our Product Registration page using a different internet browser. If you're still having trouble, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Support Team by phone or email.

New Contributor

Re: I am unable to register the EOS 5DS online. Is there a trick?

I truly appreciate the quick response to my query. I was using Firefox and switched to IE 11 and all went well. THANK YOU for the useful advice.