cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to download my picture from my camera canon eos 70d to my computer.

Paddy7466
Contributor

I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD MY PICTURE FROM CAMERA CANON EOS 70D TO MY COMPUTER. I HAVE INSTALL THE SOFTWARE FROM CANON EOS SOLUTION DISK 28.2.

14 REPLIES 14

I still think that card reader will be the best way to read memory card on computer.

I HAVE AN OLDER POWER SHOT A720 IS AND A HP DESKTOP COMPUTER. THE COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A SLOT TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL CAMERA SOLUTION DISC BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE PICS IN THE CAMERA. DOES MY HP HAVE A SLOT WHERE I CAN PUT IN THE CAMERA MEMORY CARD TO DOWNLOAD THE PICS? THANKS. 

Your best bet, to download images is the following:

Turn your camera off
Remove the card
If you have a SD card slot in the computer, put it in there, otherwise it should have a USB slot.  Get a USB Card adapter - they are easily available and cheap.  Put the card into the USB slot of whatever you have.

At this point the computer should see the card as a disc drive.  From here, you simply do the normal select files within the DCIM folder and copy them to whatever folder you want on your computer's hard disc.

This has several benefits:  It is FAR more reliable, doesn't rely on other software and doesn't use the camera batter to power the transfer of files to the computer.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

2ManyLenzes
Apprentice

I use the USB cable to connect my EOS70D to my PC running Windows 7 and my iMac running OSX 10.9.1 with only minor frustration from the software. Using a card reader is faster and easier.

Plus I forget to turn the camera off. Battery performance, while much better in Canon than some other brands, still isn't stellar. But we used to change rolls of film every 24 or 36 shots, and sometimes just to get a higher ISO.

I have yet to see good software bundled with a camera, and I own a few brands.

bluestream007
Apprentice

I  now have a eos rebel t5 and before that I had a eos rebe XSi.  Windows 7.  Once I  plugged in the usb cord into the camethe other end into the usb port and then turned to camera on, it would bring up the tag download.  From there I  could Label or tag my pictures suck as Thanksgiving and the date. Then click Enter on the keyboard.  From there it would start downloading.

Some time later I was not able to do it that way.  Found out later that I would double click Computer and of course with the cord attached to the camera and to the usb port and then turn on the camera.  Double click Computer on the desktop. Then scroll down and you will see  the Canon icon.  Right click that icon and then  select Import pictures and videos from that drop down.. By doing that, there will be a Tag and you can  type in what ever occassion such as Thanksgiving.  I always like also to type in the date.  Thcn click Enter on your Keyboad and it will start downloading your pictures.  Usually or always the pictures will go directly to your Picture folder.  However,  the next window that comes up, you  should  Close out that window and go to your  Picture folder to where the pictures are located.

Very simple to do.

Announcements