Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

I am running the OS XI El Capitan OS on my Mac and the EOS Utility does not run on this version.

The EOS Utility throws up a message saying It cannot run on this version of the OS on my Mac. Anybody has a workaround for this problem ?

Any idea when Canon is planning an upgade to the EOS Utility to run on the OS XI El Capitan OS ?

Honored Contributor

Re: I am running the OS XI El Capitan OS on my Mac and the EOS Utility does not run on this version.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-1d-mark-i...

Download 2.14.20a. Works fine on my MacBook El Cap.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

Re: I am running the OS XI El Capitan OS on my Mac and the EOS Utility does not run on this version.

Thank you very much. I am sure that will solve my problem.

Ravi

New Contributor

Hey I am having the same issuse, Did you resolve the problem? I am running El Capitan 10.11 with a 60D and can;t get it working, I get to the stage when I go to open the downloader and nothing opens? 

Honored Contributor

Have tried downloading this version?

IMG_0570.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Esteemed Contributor

I'm currently running macOS Sierra but I've never had a problem with any of the Canon versions ... even when I was running El Capitan.  I do have a 60Da (identical to the 60Da except for the filter) along with a few others.

EOS Utility needs to be versions 2.x of the 60D / 60Da... not version 3.x series.

I have both 2 and 3 on my Macs.  My 5D IV and 5D III work with EOS Utility 3 but EOS Utility 3 will not recognize my 60Da... EOS Utility 2 _does_ recognize my 60Da.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da