cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update firmware on Canon 7d eos and connect to Canon app

P2skater1
Contributor
My 7d doesn't have wireless connection, so how would I go about updating the firmware and connecting it to the canon wireless app?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@P2skater1 wrote:
But what about updating firmware? Are there cf cards that have the most recent version that I have to purchase?

There are not, but you can download the firmware update from the Canon Web site and copy it to a CF card with a card reader. (You can also download instructions for how to do that, but it's fairly trivial. Just copy the update file to the top level of the card.) Then insert the card in the camera and find Firmware Update in the menu. If you copied the file to the right place, the camera will find it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@P2skater1 wrote:
My 7d doesn't have wireless connection, so how would I go about updating the firmware and connecting it to the canon wireless app?

You do not, because you cannot connect a 7D wirelessly to a smart phone.  So, scratch that idea.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

P2skater1
Contributor
But what about updating firmware? Are there cf cards that have the most recent version that I have to purchase?

@P2skater1 wrote:

There is no such firmware update available.  Neither are there any CF cards to make your camera wireless.  End of story.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@P2skater1 wrote:

There are not, but you can download the firmware update from the Canon Web site and copy it to a CF card with a card reader. (You can also download instructions for how to do that, but it's fairly trivial. Just copy the update file to the top level of the card.) Then insert the card in the camera and find Firmware Update in the menu. If you copied the file to the right place, the camera will find it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements