cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off WiFi on M6?

DirkTheDaring
Contributor

My understanding, from reading this forum, is that USB is turned off while WiFi is on. OK, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off WiFi!  I've tried reseting everything, including the camera as a whole.  I'm sure it's somewhere easy and obvious that I'm missing.

Thank you for any hints and help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DirkTheDaring wrote:

Thanks, but page 163 (as least my copy and the only copy) only shows a diagram showing how to attached the camera to a computer with a USB cord and doesn't say anything about the camera settings.  I have been through the Wireless instructions in the manual as well, and it may be in there, but I haven't found it.  If you spot it somewhere buried in the fine print please let me know.

There is a paragraph on page 175 but no information on what to do when it doesn't work.

thanks again.

Make sure that you are using a USB data cable, not a less costly USB charging cable, or power cable.  Contact Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you having USB problems?

Yes, I can't transfer photos to my PC through USB.  From reading this forum I understand this is because USB is turned off when WiFi is on.  If you know otherwise, or have other suggestions please share! (And yes, I've tried different ports, different cables and even both Mac and PC, and I'm pretty sophisticated computer user.)

Thank you,

Ken

I think you have to call Canon. I see nothing in the manual about using USB at all!

You can always use a card reader.

Thanks.  There are a variety of work arounds, but it would be nice if it worked as advertised. 

Download the Instruction Manual, and look at page 163 to see how to connect to a PC, and 175 for how to use the software.

Thanks, but page 163 (as least my copy and the only copy) only shows a diagram showing how to attached the camera to a computer with a USB cord and doesn't say anything about the camera settings.  I have been through the Wireless instructions in the manual as well, and it may be in there, but I haven't found it.  If you spot it somewhere buried in the fine print please let me know.

There is a paragraph on page 175 but no information on what to do when it doesn't work.

thanks again.

@DirkTheDaring wrote:

thanks again.

Make sure that you are using a USB data cable, not a less costly USB charging cable, or power cable.  Contact Canon.

Thank you.  Even though this seems obvious, it took me 4 different cables to find one that works!  I appear to be in business and this information about wifi turning off usb seems to be bogus.

Thank you all.

Announcements