cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take timelapses with the 1DxMkii

malbster
Apprentice

Please help!

I am currently visting New York for the sole purpose of taking landscape photos. I recently purchased the 1DXmkii and the WFT-8A wireless trigger. I assumed that the setup would be a breeze and that the interval settings would be self explanatory. They are not by any means, I have been sitting in my AirBnB for an hour now trying to get this figured out. I have my camera connected to my iphone and am able to shoot wirelessly, but I have no clue how to setup interval photos from the phone or camera. Can someone please help me before I throw this thing off a bridge!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi malbster!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.superstokedmagazine.com/article/2013/10/how-to-time-lapse-with-canon-eos-1ds-mark-ii-a-ho...

Maybe this will help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

http://www.superstokedmagazine.com/article/2013/10/how-to-time-lapse-with-canon-eos-1ds-mark-ii-a-ho...

Maybe this will help.

I don't mean this as a knock at the OP (he's suffering enough), but as a warning to other overequipped newbies. For God's sake, do your homework before heading to a remote photo shoot! If you doh't understand your equipment, you make yourself look like a fool. I would have thought that this would be obvious to everybody, but maybe it isn't.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"I am currently visting New York for the sole purpose of taking landscape photos. I recently purchased the 1DXmkii and the WFT-8A wireless trigger. I assumed that the setup would be a breeze and that the interval settings would be self explanatory."

The WFT-8A is not a wireless trigger.  It is a Wireless File Transfer accessory. 

Unless the camera has a built-in intervalometer, which I'm not sure if it does [surprisingly], then you will need an external one, like the Canon Timer Remote Controller, TC-80N3.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

malbster
Apprentice
Thanks @jrhoffman!

@RobertTheFat. Totally agree, I was foolish to assume that Canon would include an intervalometer in their wireless trigger/app. Sadly I travel too much to do efficient research before embarking on my photo journeys. Maybe some day I'll wise up.

Thanks @Waddizle. I purposely left my trigger at home, thinking I wouldn't need it with this fancy new trigger.

Thanks for the help everyone! Looks like I'm not doing any timelapses on this trip 🙈

You are going to New York, right? Just go to any camera store like Adorama, B&H, it's like a billion of camera stores in NY 🙂 and buy any cheap 3-pin off-brand remote release trigger with a timer. This is what I use: [link removed per forum guidelines]

The Canon official remote is limited to 99 exposures. HTH!

Announcements