cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take bvetter Video on Canon 5D MKII

SachinRaut
Apprentice

What is best setting for video on 5d MKII? Does camera automatically focuses for moving subjects or do we need to keep focusing manually? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

CanonEOS600D
Contributor

Taking a video require both the person and the camera to be in good settings. It's best to zoom at a length where an object is fully in sight, try not to zoom into a moving object/subject if your panning is not precise. 

I personally recommend you use a Lens with IS (or Image Stabilization) and "USM" or "STM" in the name, while on the settings, use at least 720p @ 24FPS (or Cinema quality). However, you do need to manually focus as this camera doesn't have the newer auto-focus thing like how the Canon EOS Rebel T4i has. I highly suggest you focus first and be comfortable with the focus result on the screen, then press record.  

Hope this quick tip helps a lot, enjoy your 5D Mark II!    

ChannelOne
Apprentice

@SachinRaut wrote:

What is best setting for video on 5d MKII? Does camera automatically focuses for moving subjects or do we need to keep focusing manually? Thanks.

When working with video I would recommend you disable auto-focus and operate in full manual mode, even the best auto-focus systems have a tendency of grabbing focus on objects other than what you are shooting blowing the take in the process.

FWIW you should also lock down the ISO and f stop as well or in other words run full manual for each take being careful to match light levels from take to take to ease up producing the final cut in post.

Wayne  

Announcements