cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grab a frame from Canon 7D video using 1280x720 60

abunai
Apprentice

How do I grab a frame from Canon 7D Video while utilizing 1280x720 60. Want to frame a photograph (hitting).

Also will the 60 fps eliminate the blur while the batter is trying to hit the baseball (action sports).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Milt

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi abunai!

Thanks for posting.

Still frames can be extracted from a video file using Canon ImageBrowser EX.  Simply open ImageBrowser EX, select the video you want to get the frames from, click on the EDIT menu at the top, then select [Extract Multiple Frames from Movie].

60 fps is only the number of individual frames that are recorded per second.  The real deciding factor in eliminating blur from each of those individual frames is the shutter speed you have set, which is not the same as the number of fps.  The faster the shutter speed is, the less blur you will see.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I've taken the video at 1250 speed but the ball is still blurred. Any suggestions as to what speed I should set it at?

Also will be taking video at nite, will it have any affect on the bluriness of the ball or is there another setting.

Thanks alot in advance.

You'll have to experiment with how fast of a shutter you'll need to "freeze" the ball... but as an example...

If the ball is traveling a slow 71 miles per hour, it's going an inch every 1/1250 second.  So you could expect one inch of motion blur on the ball at that speed.

To get a perfectly frozen shot at night, you're probably going to need to take a still photo with flash.  To get a video freezeframe, you'll need a shutter speed around 1/5000 or 1/10000. There's no way you'll have enough light at night to have a shutter that fast, at least not with a 7D.

abunai
Apprentice
Thanks Joe, will attempt settings this week. Appreciate the feedback. Will let you know if have more questions.....
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements