cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to focus with live view on 70D

koala
Apprentice

Hello,

My girlfriend recently purchased the 70D, and while it' is a neat camera, we'd hit an issue: how do you place your focus point while using the live view in the M mode?
I'd like only to place the point and to focus with the half  press as usual. Instead, when I place the focus by pressing the touch screen, it immediately takes the shot.

And why there's no possibility to move the focus point by using the apperture wheel as on my 6D?

Thank you very much in advance.

N.B: please excuse my english 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yogi62
Contributor

When in live view you can use the rear dial to move the focus 'square'

As to the second query, when in live view press the info button to bring up the options. Take a look in the bottom left hand corner, there is an icon that allows you to toggle on or off the option to instantly take the photo. It will show On or OFF

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

koala
Apprentice
BUMP.
Anybody?

yogi62
Contributor

When in live view you can use the rear dial to move the focus 'square'

As to the second query, when in live view press the info button to bring up the options. Take a look in the bottom left hand corner, there is an icon that allows you to toggle on or off the option to instantly take the photo. It will show On or OFF

yogi62, many thanks, it really helped!
can I ask another question? how do I disable that automatic constant search for focus on live view?

Go to menu, scroll across to the fifth icon, this will show 'Live View shoot' at the top of  list, move down to 'Continuous AF' and change from enable to disable.

Job done

That's it! Thank you very much!!!
Announcements