cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix moire problem

icetin
Apprentice

Moire occurs when I bring the camera close to the screen. How can I solve this problem with canon m100?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

icetin
Apprentice

I got rid of the moire issue by adjusting the distance and focus point between the camera and the screen. Problem solved

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

There's nothing you can do if you're using a camera/camcorder to record content from a display (iPad, computer display, TV, etc.)

You should instead do a direct screen recording on the device itself.  If you have a Mac, you can also connect your iPad to the Mac, launch QuickTime Player, and choose New Movie Recording.  You can select the input source by clicking on the little downwards pointing "<" to the right of the record button.  Devices connected to your Mac will show up there.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

If I buy a better lens or camera, will the moire continue to appear when I bring the camera closer to the screen?

Yes. It is an interaction between two devices that have pixel rows. 

Similar to the effect when photographing shingle roofs or men's suits with pattern fabric. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Actually a *worse* - lower resolution - camera would be better.

icetin
Apprentice

I got rid of the moire issue by adjusting the distance and focus point between the camera and the screen. Problem solved

Announcements