cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the AF Point Illumination in Program mode in Canon 70D ?

pubudu
Apprentice

Hi,

I don't see AF focus points illuminated in any of the modes except Automatic (with and without flash). I remeber seeing this before in P mode. I reset the camera to factory defaults but not yet visible. Wondering if it is a cemra issue. Please let me know if  some one has already seen this. I am new to this camera and still learning. I have three lensses 18-55, 55-270 and 16-300mm and they all behave the same way.

thanks,

Pubudu

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Don't have one nor the manual but some cameras won't display the AF point when set to AI Focus or AI Servo.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Ricci
Enthusiast

Have you checked that your "Disable display" is on OFF in the "AF point display during focus" menu option of one of the AF menus?

Not sure if that option is exactly labeled with that text in the 70D, but I believe that the option exists.

Ricci.

pubudu
Apprentice

Thank for the quick replies.

Finally, found it. Not sure how it happened, probably my kids may have changed it.

Its under Settngs > C.Fn II : Autofocus > AF point display during focus.  

I was little worrried as I am heading to Disneyland on wednesday. 

@pubudu wrote:

Thank for the quick replies.

Finally, found it. Not sure how it happened, probably my kids may have changed it.

Its under Settngs > C.Fn II : Autofocus > AF point display during focus.  

I was little worrried as I am heading to Disneyland on wednesday.  

Tell your kids you'll ship 'em home if they touch your camera during the trip.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements