cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a folder on CF card in R5

Steve531
Contributor

I want to delete a test folder that I set up on the CF card in my R5.  I tried formating the card.  I removed all photos and tried formatting the card.  It just won't seem to go away.  I cannot find any instructions on how to do so.  Suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

There is no lock set on the CF Express card.  Although EOS Utility 3 works I cannot access the camera/card directly as my Mac OS does not detect it.  I'm going to call apple.  Not sure about properties or permissions at this point.  Thank you.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Maybe you could change the folder permissions?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I received the following reply from Canon support:

"Formatting the memory card does leave some folders on it because they are needed for the camera to save your files. So when the camera formats the card it will leave folders like the DCIM folder, MISC folder, and the Canon folder that your photos and videos are saved to. If any of those folders are missing the camera would need to add them back onto the card to save files to it correctly. If the folder you are trying to remove isn't one of the ones I mentioned in the previous paragraph what is the name of the folder you are seeing?

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance."

Truthfully, I don't remember if I renamed a Folder that was already there or added a new one.  I was "playing" with the various settings after getting the camera and trying to familarize myself with the settings.  If I renamed a folder that is required to be there this all makes sense.  I am going to try to take a screen shot or accurately discribe the folders I am seeing and send them to Canon.  

When I receive a response from Canon I will post again.  Right now I have that 'sinking feeling' that I may have caused my own problem.  Hopefully I'll hear something by Mon or Tues.

Thanks

Announcements